Purpose & Vision
The objective of the United Pentecostal Church International (UPCI) in organizing Global Missions is to proclaim the whole gospel to the whole world by sending forth God-called men and women in obedience to the great commission. "Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature" (Mark 16:15). Further, it is "the purpose of the United Pentecostal Church to seek out and to carry the gospel to the whole world, and to help establish self-supporting, self-governing, and self-propagating national churches" (UPCI Manual, Article XII, Section 1, Paragraph 1).
It is imperative that every missionary of the UPCI knows and understands the objectives of the Global Missions Division. For this reason these objectives are stated as follows:
- To send forth God-called missionaries into all the world to preach the gospel of the kingdom to every creature;
- To train national workers and ministers that they might, in fulfillment of the great commission, be able to evangelize and give leadership to the churches among their own people and in missionary outreach to other nations;
- To produce under God, self-governing national churches in every country according to the apostolic pattern;
- To establish an international fellowship of the United Pentecostal Church. National churches shall be encouraged to maintain the closest fraternal fellowship with the United Pentecostal Church International in the United States and Canada and with United Pentecostal Churches worldwide;
- To create, by the power of the Word of God and the working of the Holy Spirit, a love for truth and holiness that will bind the church to the heart of God and produce the bride of Christ from among every nation, tribe, and tongue in the whole world (Revelation 5:9).